Added my first honey super ... and got my first sting!
Wow, the bees are healthy and thriving! They are also getting a little more protective of their domain. But I do have to admit that I got careless and did a few things in a hurry that were not well thought out ...
Today I opened the hive and took all the frames out of the top deep super. Most of the frames are drawn and there are no swarm cells visible anywhere! But the frames are packed with bees. I think the screened bottom board I am using is paying huge dividends.
I did my inspection, buttoned it all back up, and added a new queen excluder and honey super. I think we're ready to start on the honey! And we have lots of summer left. I love this hobby ... and my first sting wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Nowhere near as painful as the hornet sting I got last week... :)